Serving Brooklyn Center Business Advocates
The Brooklyn Center Business Association (BCBA) is a non-profit organization of entrepreneurs, business executives and community leaders whose purpose is to promote commerce and build community within the City of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota.
Brooklyn Center hosts headquarters to many premier private and non-profit organizations such as Caribou Coffee, Surly Brewing and the FBI. Strategically located to major transportation arteries and only ten minutes from downtown Minneapolis, Brooklyn Center is an ideal location for companies looking for economical and effective growth and development opportunities.
Join now and gain access to professional development, networking, volunteer and promotional opportunities that focus on making Brooklyn Center a great place to live work and play.
COVID- 19 Pandemic News and Resources for Area Businesses
Brooklyn Center Business Association members serve in a variety of roles. Many are business owners, some of whom are directly feeling the effects of the COVID- 19 outbreak on their operations, and everyone is surely considering what's yet to come. We're dedicating this space to capture news and links that may be helpful to organizations as, together, we weather this storm.
Do you have a news headline or other resource that you think we should add? Email our webmaster.
- Fox 9 News - KMSP: Minnesota stay-home order likely to be extended, governor says
- Twin Cities Business: Even Before Covid-19, Minnesota Logged Small Job Loss
- MPR News: Walz's stay-at-home order permits many 'critical' workers to venture out; distancing urged
- CNBC: Are we going to be left behind?’ Where small business owners can go for help during the coronavirus shutdowns
- Entrepreneur: 10 Tips From CEOs on Working From Home Effectively and Happily
- CCX Media: Brooklyn Center Mayor Declares Local Public Health Emergency
- CCX Media: COVID-19 Impact: Governor Orders Closure of Minnesota Bars, Restaurants
- Mayo Clinic News Network: Reduce your COVID-19 risk: wash hands, clean cellphones and workstations
- Harvard Business Review: What's Your Company's Emergency Remote-Work Plan?
- City of Brooklyn Center Civic Alerts
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Hennepin County COVID- 19 Updates & Announcements
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce COVID- 19 Business Toolkit
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Small Business Disaster Loan Assistance
- #StayAtHomeMN Frequently Asked Questions
- U.S. Small Business Association - Minnesota District Office
Monthly Luncheon Announcement
In light of evolving recommendations for social distancing to slow or prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID- 19), the Brooklyn Center Business Association will not hold its monthly luncheon in March. Thank you to our host, Embassy Suites; they have been flexible with us in this regard, even before regulatory directives would have made the meeting impossible. The BCBA board will reevaluate the scenario for future luncheons at its April board meeting/ call.
We will share forthcoming BCBA program updates via email, here on website and on our Facebook page.
Plan Ahead Calendar
Event details will be announced as the specific dates approach, and changes may be made to this calendar outline. Please become a member today to start receiving email invitations to these events and to enjoy a significant discount on monthly luncheon fees. If you are already connected with the BCBA, watch your email for registration details. Unless otherwise noted, all luncheons are held at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis North, 6300 Earle Brown Dr. in Brooklyn Center.
March - Monthly Luncheon: Canceled
April - Monthly Luncheon: Thursday, April 23 | 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Speaker: Tim Gannon, Brooklyn Center Police Chief | Crime Stats and Public Safety Update
May - Monthly Luncheon: Thursday, May 28 | 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Speaker: Nairobi Abrams, Chief Advancement & Communications Officer | Hennepin Technical College | The Dearth of Skilled Labor: Training and Community Impact
June - Monthly Luncheon: Thursday, June 25 | 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Speaker: Steven Crawford | Excellence Leadership Group | Leadership, Motivation & More
July - Monthly Luncheon: Thursday, July 23 | 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Speaker: Meg Beekman, Community Development Director | City of Brooklyn Center | Community Development Update
August - Monthly Luncheon: Thursday, August 27 | 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Speaker: Nancy Murdakes Brown | Retail Commercial Real Estate Specialist | Upland Real Estate | Gatlin Company Shingle Creek Crossing Update
September - Monthly Luncheon: Thursday, Sept. 24 | 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Speaker: Jack Becker, Director of Community Services | Forecast Public Art, Inc. | Public Art Consultant to the City of Brooklyn Center
September - Annual Golf Tournament, Dinner and Fundraiser: Friday, Sept. 11
October - Monthly Luncheon: Thursday, October 22 | 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Speaker Panel: Get to Know Your Local Candidates for Office
November - No luncheon this month. Happy Thanksgiving!
December - Annual Holiday Celebration: Thursday, December 3 | 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
15th Annual BCBA Golf Tournament
Save the date for the 15th Annual BCBA Golf Tournament! There is ONE tee time this year, so register early. We are looking for items for our golfer bags, items for our silent auction, and of course, we are looking for golfers!
- Friday, September 11, 2020
- One tee time: 5:30 p.m. (Registration at 5:00 p.m.)
- 5-person scramble play
- Dinner, awards, and a silent auction will follow at 7:00 p.m.
- Centerbrook Golf Course - 5500 Lilac Drive N - Brooklyn Center
- Registration and Social Time: 5:00 p.m.
- Shotgun Start: 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 7:00 p.m.
- Silent Auction: 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Not a Golfer?
- Try FlingGolf (no clubs required)!
- Just join us for dinner. Enjoy camaraderie and browse the silent auction items.
Registration will be available online or by dropping off cash/check with Dr. Paul Dettling at Dettling Chiropractic Rehab and Performance or Steve Makowske at Centerbrook Golf Course.